Re: [Linux-ia64] Does IDE DMA work?

From: Roman Hodek <roman_at_caldera.de>
Date: 2002-03-15 01:19:46
> Has anyone got IDE DMA working? When I try it with 2.4.18 the
> machine is hanging during partition table reading, with the disk
> light constantly on. It seems like the kernel is not receiving any
> answer from the disk.

I noticed similar problems some time ago (2.4.13 AFAICR). Our test
plan said "test with an IDE disk > 64GB", so we plugged one in and the
kernel said nothing more than "DMA timeout". But it's not necessarily
the kernel, it also could be that the IDE interface on the legacy I/O
board isn't able to do all IDE features properly. Has anybody used it
for devices other than CD-ROM and LS120?

Roman