Re: [Linux-ia64] O(1) scheduler K3+ for IA64

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2002-03-02 10:06:22
Hey Erich, I've been testing out your latest K3+ patch (along with
yours and Mike's NUMA scheduler changes) and found that it seems less
stable than the old version that used locking for the tlb flush stuff.
I think there's a deadlock somewhere in the new code since
2.4.17 + kdb + ia64 + Ingo K3 + old K3+: rock solid
2.4.17 + kdb + ia64 + Ingo K3 + new K3+: sometimes hangs at boot,
  sometimes after a few hackbench processes have run

I'm in the process of trying to figure out exactly why the hangs
happen, but I thought I'd let you know since you might be able to find
out right away.

Thanks,
Jesse