[Linux-ia64] Re: driver location for platform-specific drivers

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds_at_transmeta.com>
Date: 2002-02-12 16:19:43
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, John Hesterberg wrote:

> For SGI's upcoming Linux platform (nicknamed Scalable Node, or SN),
> we have some platform specific device drivers.  Where should these go?
> I see several precedents in the current kernels.

If they are equivalent to a new bus, make a new platform directory under
drivers, is my vote.

However, if they are likely to eventually spread out (ie they are
really PCI-based, and just your own private chips, and they might end up
as part of some other sgi platform), spread them out as normal drivers.

		Linus