RE: [Linux-ia64] Re: kernel panic on root mount / EFI cant see

From: Jared Egolf <jegolf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2001-11-17 08:47:43
Thank-you for your reply, it has given me several more
options to think about.  Unfortunately, I misspoke and I've
only been working with Redhat 7.1, and in the past 7.0.  I
got confused with some of our 32-bit machines where we have
moved to 7.2.  I checked anyway and it wasn't an issue with
ext3 being setup.

As you mentioned below, I'm highly suspicious of the
Microsoft tools getting first crack at the machine.  Did
you have to resort to anything special to remove trace of
them from either the harddrive or the EFI bios setup?  We
are hoping that we won't have to flash the bios to remove
settings, but if it comes to that...

Thank-you for your help,
Jared Egolf