Re: [Linux-ia64] Pagesize is different between IA32 and IA64

From: <n0ano_at_indstorage.com>
Date: 2001-11-13 02:28:52
Hideki-

A couple of points:

1)  It turns out that IA32 programs have all sorts of hidden
assumptions that a page size is 4K.  Changing `__getpagsize'
to return the true page size might fix your problem but I
predict that such a change would break many other programs.
I'll look at your test case and see if there is anything we
can do.

2)  If all else fails you can run your IA64 machine with a
4K page size.  We've always said that, for true complete IA32
support, you may have to run with 4K pages.  I've put a lot of
effort into allowing larger page sizes for `normal' prgrams,
yours might be one that requires a 4K kernel.

3)  I'm just curious, is this a real application or is this
just a test case?