RE: [Linux-ia64] itc sync & clock_*

From: Mallick, Asit K <asit.k.mallick_at_intel.com>
Date: 2001-11-09 12:31:47
David/Jesse,

We have got an agreement with the Intel SAL team on defining the bit 3 of
the SAL platform features as the following:

	0 - no ITC drift
	1 - ITC may drift

We will get this definition reviewed by other SAL users/members and do not
expect any problem with the review. The definition should not affect most of
the FWs since this bit is already set to 0 and ITCs do not drift. The
specification will be updated and currently it is planned for Q1 next year.

Thanks,
Asit