Re: [Linux-ia64] Upgrading from 2.4.3

From: Doug Beattie <dbb_at_caldera.com>
Date: 2001-11-03 03:20:41
Jonathan:

It appears your processor stepping is older that is being supported
now days.

Caldera supports only B3 and higher stepping and I believe the other
vendors do the same. Updating the BIOS will not help in this case.
Getting the source and rebuilding with switches for older processors
may help if you find a release that still has the switches/code to
support you.

Doug