Re: [Linux-ia64] itc sync & clock_*

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-10-30 05:52:08

  Jack> I sent mail to Asit last week about this.

Yes, I know of these discussions.  However, I don't think anything has
been settled yet.  Some people prefer to put this info in ACPI for
example.  Personally, I like the SAL approach, but the point is that
the firmware folks need to agree on something before we can start
using it.

BTW: I do not like the name "ITC_UNSYNCHRONIZED".  The issue is not
synchronization (we take care of that when booting the kernel).  The
issue is *drift* (and, to a secondary degree, ITC frequency).

	--david