Re: [Linux-ia64] Driver development document

From: Doug Beattie <dbb_at_caldera.com>
Date: 2001-10-20 04:12:21
FWIW - It may be good, for someone in the real know, to document how
to modify or write a driver source so it would detect whether it was
running on ia32 or ia64 or even other type system and thereby be able
to take advantage of larger memory models.

>From what I understand, many of the current drivers go through
copydown when used in the ia64 architecture and could be improved
upon.

My $0.02 worth of thoughts on this discussion.