[Linux-ia64] Re: console_loglevel is broken on ia64

From: Keith Owens <kaos_at_ocs.com.au>
Date: 2001-10-17 23:53:01
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:39:06 +0200,
Jesper Juhl <juhl@eisenstein.dk> wrote:
>Keith Owens wrote:
>> kernel/printk.c has this abomination.
>> int console_loglevel = DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL;
>> int default_message_loglevel = DEFAULT_MESSAGE_LOGLEVEL;
>> int minimum_console_loglevel = MINIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL;
>> int default_console_loglevel = DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL;
>> Does anybody fancy a small project to clean up these variables?
>
>I would like to give it a try. Seems like a good little project for one
>who is trying to learn his way around the kernel :)

Good, I was hoping for somebody who wanted to get started on the
kernel.  It's all yours, unless somebody else does a patch first.

Ensure that you find all references to these variables and make them
all use the common #define, instead of random files declaring the
variables themselves.  Check all architectures as well.