Re: [Linux-ia64] lost printk's

From: Nathan Straz <nstraz_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2001-10-16 23:08:04
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 04:47:26PM +1000, Keith Owens wrote:
> If a crash kills the user space tasks or the disk I/O subsystem then
> your printk does not get to disk.  Use a serial console and capture the
> output on a second machine, that goes printk() -> console drivers ->
> serial line.

Can anyone recommend a console server that works well with Itanium
machines?  The problem with most console servers (or inversely EFI) is
that they don't run at 115200 baud.  Is everyone just running a line to
another PC?  Is there a console server that can handle several of these
machines?
--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/