Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: prctl patch for fpu faults

From: Khalid Aziz <khalid_at_fc.hp.com>
Date: 2001-10-11 08:53:26
That sounds interesting. You could use it on init task as David
suggested and set the behavior for all tasks. But how would you
implement it form a user space tool like "prctl". sys_prctl() operates
on the current task only. Are you planning to add another system call?

--
Khalid

Jesse Barnes wrote:

> I was thinking of hacking up the 'prctl' tool to take a PID as an
> argument, that way it could set the flags for any task.  It would allow
> an initscript to set init's flags, among other things.  Would such a
> change qualify as a cleaner solution?
>
> Jesse

Khalid Aziz                              Linux Systems Operation R&D
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid@fc.hp.com                                    Fort Collins, CO