Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: prctl patch for fpu faults

From: <n0ano_at_indstorage.com>
Date: 2001-10-11 00:18:00
It depends upon the frequency that the FPSWA and unaligned faults
occur.  My experience is that, if you get any of these messages, you
get a lot o f them.  I like the 4 options David proposes, this
gives you the flexibility to manage these events in any way you
wish.  I like to run with the default (rate limited messages) setting -
if any messages come out I know there is something that needs to
be looked at but the system's `printk' buffer doesn't get flooded
with duplicated messages.