Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: prctl patch for fpu faults

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2001-10-10 07:40:49
What if I were to get rid of the rate limited logging for both the
unaligned and fpswa handlers?  Then there could just be a NOPRINT option
and a signal option for each; the default behavior would be to log all
messages.  If you'd rather not get rid of it, then I'll just send a patch
to enable NOPRINT for fpswa (similar to what the unaligned handler does
now) and a signal option.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the rate limited logging for the
unaligned and fpswa handlers?  Some people have told me that they don't
think it's useful for admins or users to have some of the messages but not
all of them.

Thanks,
Jesse