Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: kernel update (relative to 2.4.10)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-10-02 13:37:05

  Bill> Chris Ahna (christopher.j.ahna@intel.com) said:
  >> Well, I do now :-) On ia64 we want to map even AGP memory as
  >> writecombined.  The appended patch should fix the rendering
  >> problems Bill reported earlier.

  Bill> Yup, works great. Running ia32 glxinfo appears to crash the X
  Bill> server, though...

Speaking of the X server: I recently tried the stuff in the "rawhide"
directory (XFree 4.1.0).  The X server *still* easily crashes the
machine when switching back between the X server and the virtual
consoles.  This is very painful.  I hope someone can find some time to
look into this.  (By "crash" I mean "instant reboot".)

	--david