[Linux-ia64] Re: kernel update (relative to 2.4.10)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-09-29 02:13:24

  Bill> Speaking of which, are people having success with the DRM code
  Bill> and XFree86 4.1? On my r128 (AGP), it loads and runs OK, but
  Bill> the rendering is rather broken.

It's entirely possible that I made a mistake when merging the DRM/AGP
patches in 2.4.10.  There were a bunch of conflicts which I resolved
as best as I could.  But I can't do much testing myself: the only
AGP-enabled card I have is a quadro pro but the nVidia beta driver
reboots the machine instantly with more recent kernels (I suspect this
has to do with the DRM cleanups that went in a while ago; it works
fine with a 2.4.3 kernel).

Chris do you have any updates pending?

	--david