Re: [Linux-ia64] Location of absolute IA32 shared objects.

From: Doug Beattie <dbb_at_caldera.com>
Date: 2001-09-15 00:30:22
I just noticed a comment was posted on 2001-08-15 to the LSB tracking
task on this subject, that a post to fhs-discuss gave the solution to
the question of where ia32 vs ia64 libs should be placed.

`The /lib directory on x86 and IA64 will always contain the 32bit
libraries. IA64 systems should put their libraries in /lib64.' "This
way we don't need any special install hooks in the system, installer,
and package. It's all hardcoded."

The description above are a paraphrase and direct quote from the post
to LSB task number 32642 that was used to track what should be done
for LSB compatibility.

Doug