Re: [Linux-ia64] AT Keyboard not present?

From: Krishnakumar B <kitty_at_cs.wustl.edu>
Date: 2001-09-08 05:55:36
On Friday, 7 September 2001, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:

> The only way to supress the message is to hack it out of the kernel.
>
> The message comes from the fact the BIOS does legacy device emulation
> for USB keyboards and mice. I think the ia64 BIOS supports this as well.
> However, the emulation isn't perfect and will cause messages like this.
>
> When the HC driver loads, it turns this off and natively handles the USB
> keyboard.
>
> The real fix is to use USB drivers as early as possible.

How does one do this ? Can it be loaded via initrd ? I got some symbol
referencing errors while doing this. Then the uhci module was loaded as
usual when booting and this time there were no symbol referencing errors.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Washington University in St.Louis