Re: [Linux-ia64] AT Keyboard not present?

From: Krishnakumar B <kitty_at_cs.wustl.edu>
Date: 2001-09-08 05:05:52
On Friday, 7 September 2001, KOCHI Takayoshi wrote:
> Recently I noticed
>
> keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

I guess this happens because you are using a USB keyboard and the kernel
looks for a PS/2 keyboard. New machines from Dell ship with a USB keyboard
by default. Till the USB modules are loaded, I see this error (once or
twice). Once the USB modules are loaded, this message disappears. Is there
any way to prevent this happening ? I saw that when using RedHat's kernel,
this message doesn't show up. What do I need to suppress this message if I
have a USB keyboard ?

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Washington University in St.Louis