Re: [Linux-ia64] can't compile on x86 - building cross-compiler for ia64 getting SIGSEGV

From: k Macy <kip_macy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2001-09-06 04:14:38
It looks like in both cases it was my fault,
when building the compiler I set the --host=ia64...
when it should have been --target=ia64...
When building 2.4.9 I hadn't downloaded and applied
the latest patches to the tree. The default IA64 in
the linux tree is pretty broken.

In both cases the compiler should have failed a lot
more gracefully, but it sounds like 32bit->64bit
cross-compilation is non-trivial.

Thanks.

           -Kip