[Linux-ia64] Re: Wolverine RPMs

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2001-09-06 02:47:42
Bill raises an interesting problem.  I'd like to suggest a solution and see
what everyone thinks.  Since all of the shared objects are loaded by code
in `ld-linux.so' I can modify the IA32 version of that library to first try
an absolute path and, if that fails, because it's missing or has the wrong
architecture, to then tack on a unique prefix, either something like
`/usr/ia32' or the contents of an environment variable like `LD_IA32_PATH'.

This is a little ugly since all of the distro's would have to install s
special version of `ld-linux.so' but at least this is just one library
so that cuts the pain down a little bit.

Does anyone have a better idea?