[Linux-ia64] Re: libc patch: update of memcpy et al

From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper_at_redhat.com>
Date: 2001-05-27 16:45:12
David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com> writes:

> The patch below bring the performance of memcpy(), memmove(), bcopy(),
> and bzero() up to more reasonable levels.  I haven't run this through
> "make check", but I believe the changes to be OK.

The changes seem fine, I ran make check.  Thanks.  But you were really
naughty and edited the patch.  Tss, tss, tss, don't do that, it's so
easy to do it wrong just as in this case.

Also, there is no need to introduce __memmove.  __-protected functions
are only necessary to prevent namespace problems.  Since memmove is
defined in the most basic standards there is no problem at all.

Thanks,