RE: [Linux-ia64] Re: 2.4.4 stability on Lions

From: Robboy, David G <david.g.robboy_at_intel.com>
Date: 2001-05-24 07:01:42

> Michael Madore (mmadore@turbolinux.com) said:
> > What I meant to say was it gets violently ill. ;-)
> >
> > You are correct, it "get's stuck"  It is the same problem
> that was discussed
> > on the list in February.
>
> firmware-on-HW bug, IIRC.
>
> Bill

I upgraded a lion to C0 processors, B2 motherboard, recent firmware, and
Linux 2.4.3. Haven't tried NFS, but output over the network "gets stuck",
whether it's rlogin, telnet, or ftp.  Probably the same problem.  What is
the  firmware-on-HW bug?  How can I find out more about it?  Is there a
workaround?

David