Re: [Linux-ia64] 2.4.4 - cannot compile parport module

From: Keith Owens <kaos_at_ocs.com.au>
Date: 2001-05-18 20:28:17
On 16 May 2001 15:19:09 +0200,
Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de> wrote:
>When I reboot the new 2.4.4 kernel I cannot load any module, the error
>message is
>
>        arch_init_module: archdata->unw_start out of bounds.

The objdump you sent me (off list) shows that the module has no unwind
data, sections .IA_64.unwind_info and .IA_64.unwind are missing.
archdata->unw_* is zero so arch_init_module() flags them as being
outside the object. IMHO this is correct, all modules should have
unwind data, but if it makes sense for a module to have no unwind data
then I need to patch arch_init_module() - David?

I have no idea why your modules are being compiled without unwind data,
that is a separate problem that you might want to take up with the
distributors.