RE: [Linux-ia64] EFI GPT tools ?

From: <Matt_Domsch_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2001-05-15 22:13:31
> Some months ago, my colleague Josef Moellers posted
> a question on the availability of fdisk and friends
> with support for the EFI GPT. The tools on Redhat 7.1
> beta do not support this format, thus RedHat cannot
> be installed on GPT-Formatted disks.
>
> Does anybody know if someone works on this problem,
> or do these tools already exist somewhere ?

I've made a patch to GNU parted to support partitioning disks with GPT.
There are two patches to parted 1.4.11 available at
http://domsch.com/linux/parted.  Apply the pmbrfix patch second.

To my knowledge, no one has tried modifying fdisk yet.  I haven't had the
time myself.

The kernel understands GPT-partitioned disks just fine.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch