Re: [Linux-ia64] IA32 process segfaults on exit

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2001-05-08 02:09:07
Mike-

Well, I'll very confused.  I thought your problem was some registers
that we stopped initializing that the LIBC startup code expected to
point to an exit handler.  I spent over a week debugging my initialization
code (the register was always non-zero in user mode) only to disciver
today that when I link the process static everything works fine, including
your test program.  When I try and run a dynamic program the initial
registers are bogus.  (Did I ever mention that I HATE dynamic linking.)

Bottom line is I still don't know what the problem is but I think I'm
making progress.