Re: [Linux-ia64] HP Simulator & Kernel 2.4.3

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_frankl.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-05-04 04:08:56
On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:37:53PM -0300, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to make the hp simulator work with kernel 2.4.3. Is
> that possible, or the simulator has been left out for a long time?

I assume you are talking about version 0.873l3. This one should still work.
In fact, I did the test with this exact same version of the simulator
and 2.4.3 + 010405 patch from David and it works just fine. I have attached
the config file I used.

Please make sure that you do a clean build and that you do a make boot
to generate the bootloader that goes with 2.4.3. In this version, we have
modified the way the kernel is booted (physical mode vs. virtual mode) and
this has implications on the real bootloader (elilo) and the simulator's
loader (arch/ia64/boot/bootloader).

Hope this helps.

--
-Stephane