Re: [Linux-ia64] New Red Hat Linux Beta release for ia64 availabl e

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2001-05-02 06:42:53
Ray-

Legacy IA32 support is very good.  The IA32 version of Oracle runs on
Itanium (I believe Oracle has an IA64 version available, that would be
a better choice), I use the IA32 Netscape as my browser, all JAVA's
should work now (we just fixed a bug the stopped the IBM JAVA from
running, this will be available in the next 2.4.4 release of the IA64
kernel).  As with all new products there will be bugs (I just got a
report the the IA32 version of RealPlayer doesn't work with the latest
kernel) but in general IA32 support is remarkable good.

It's my goal to make sure that all IA32 programs run on IA64 so if you
run across something that doesn't work just let me know and I'll fix it.

PS:  Don't forget that for seious computing we can also run Quake 3
on the Itanium :-)

--
Don Dugger
n0ano@valinux.com