[Linux-ia64] GPT patch for parted 1.4.7

From: <Matt_Domsch_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2001-03-07 05:01:00
Attached is a patch against GNU Parted 1.4.7 which adds EFI GPT support.
This has not yet been submitted to the GNU Parted team officially, I'm
waiting on a kernel IOCTL patch to be included first.  A lot of people are
interested in this, so I'm making it available for testing.  I haven't
tested this against newer versions of parted, but expect it to drop in with
minimal effort.

Notes:
- This works for all disks with an even number of 512-byte sectors.
- This works for SCSI disks with an odd number of 512-byte sectors by using
SCSI Generic (sg) commands to read/write the last odd sector.  Odd-sized IDE
disks won't work.
- Pending the inclusion of a kernel patch to allow reading/writing the last
sector of any disk via a block layer IOCTL, I'll re-write this patch to
remove the sg hacks and use that instead.

Assistance:
If anyone wants to help, particularly in adding Unicode support to parted,
I'd appreciate it.  Please join the bug-parted mailing list.
	http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-parted
	bug-parted-request@gnu.org

Your feedback is encouraged.

Thanks,