Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: 2.4.1 + 010131 patch: sys_nanosleep sleeps... infinitely!

From: Francis Galiegue <fg_at_mandrakesoft.com>
Date: 2001-02-27 04:03:33
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com) said:
> > We have also been seeing hangs running with the latest BIOS. The problem
> > was isolated to a tiny window in arch/ia64/kernel/time.c where
> > itm could get loaded with a value that is in the past.
>
> I've certainly seen references to time going in the past recently;
> the error messages are usually from ping.

Yep, seen those too. Now they don't show up anymore.

First impression about the patch: terrific! Not only does sleep work fine, but
it also cures the hangs I had on heavy I/O.

--
Francis Galiegue, fg@mandrakesoft.com - Normand et fier de l'Ítre
"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and more