[Linux-ia64] Re: Re: Lockups on 2.4.1

From: Bill Nottingham <notting_at_redhat.com>
Date: 2001-02-22 05:12:41
David Mosberger (davidm@hpl.hp.com) said:
> Please be more specific when reporting bugs.  At the least, include
> (a) what type of machine and (b) what kernel patch you were running at
> the time.  Ideally, also describe what you where doing at the time and
> try to get a backtrace with kdb, if possible.

2P BigSur, using UP 010131 kernel, on top of 2.4.1-ac16 (certainly, this
could cause problems).

As to what I was doing, in one case, nothing at all, in another, untarring
a tarball. The video shuts off and the machine is completely dead, which
makes diagnosing what happened difficult (hm, need to find serial cable.)

Since it has happened when I wasn't watching the machine intently,
it's entirely possible it's related to when it turns off the monitor
via DPMS, but that would just be weird.

Bill