Re: [Linux-ia64] TODO list

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-02-10 06:42:09

  Jun> Do we want to support epc-based system calls? I know some other
  Jun> IA-64 OS uses that mechanism. I'm not sure how much perfermance
  Jun> gain we can get by that in Linux, though.

That's certainly something I'm interested in investigating.  It's not
nearly as obvious a win as it may seem at first, so it's something that
needs to be looked at carefully.

In any case, this would be something for 2.5.x, so I don't think we
should clutter the current TODO list with such things (there are LOTS
of other performance related things we can do...).

	--david