Re: [Linux-ia64] The 1117 snapshot cpp problem

From: Andreas Schwab <schwab_at_suse.de>
Date: 2001-02-06 23:56:13
"H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> writes:

|> > Yes, this is a problem.
|> >
|> > I've reverted the Cygnus local change in my source tree, and have started
|> > working to get the same change into the main Cygnus source tree.  This will
|> > require changing some local build processes, so it may take a little time.
|> >
|> > There is no problem with cross compilers as you suggested, because cross
|> > compilers don't use /usr/local/include.  I believe the original problem was
|> > that we shipped compilers to some customers that had random files in
|> > /usr/local, the customers reported problems, and we had a lot of trouble
|> > debugging the problem.  We fixed it by deciding not to use /usr/local/include
|> > by default anymore.  This was 8 years ago, so Linux usage was not a concern.
|> > Now that we are part of Red Hat, it is a serious concern.
|> >
|> > The resulting patch is 100K because configure had to be rebuilt.  I put it
|> > in the usual place, ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/ia64-linux/snap-001117/patch.055.
|> >

|> I don't think it works with the gnupro rpm from RedHat. I had to
|> add the patch enclosed here. I think the problem is includedir in gcc
|> is overriden from the toplevel Makefile.

This is a very old bug that I have already reported twice (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/1999-07/msg00488.html and
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/1999-05/msg00477.html).

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."