Re: [Linux-ia64] Announce: IA-64 cross compiler on IA-32 available

From: Khalid Aziz <khalid_at_lyra.fc.hp.com>
Date: 2001-01-26 03:44:58

> Did the applications you built actually run? I compiled hello world
> but it wouldn't run on TurboLinux release 000828 English Frontier (Burning
> Man) because the cross compiler linked it with /lib/ld-linux-ia64.so.2
> (which points to ld-2.2.so), but the os has /lib/ld-linux-ia64.so.1
> (points to ld-2.1.3.so, which is in glibc-2.1.3).
>
> Which os issue are you using? Since most machines out there are
> still glibc-2.1.3, could you perhaps recompile for that (or make your
> src tree and build instructions available and I'll do it?)
>
> thanks
>
> -- Mark Goodwin
> SGI Engineering.

I apologize. I should have mentioned that the libraries in that build
are from TurboLinux 1123 release. I can make the sources and build
instructions available. Instructions are just in my head right now. I
will write them down and send an email when I have put them up on a web
page.

---
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                             Linux Development Laboratory
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid@fc.hp.com                                    Fort Collins, CO