Re: [Linux-ia64] That getpagesize() problem again!

From: Andreas Schwab <schwab_at_suse.de>
Date: 2001-01-25 22:20:55
Francis Galiegue <fg@mandrakesoft.com> writes:

|> When trying to install only two packages via RPM in a chroot, this is what I
|> get:
|>
|> rpm: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ia64/getpagesize.c:36: __getpagesize: Assertion
|> `_dl_pagesize != 0'
|> failed.
|>
|> Then, abort and core dump.
|>
|> What I'd like to know is why, in the glibc file mentioned in the error,
|> __getpagesize is defined as such:
|>
|> int
|> __getpagesize ()
|> {
|>   assert (_dl_pagesize != 0);
|>   return _dl_pagesize;
|> }
|>
|> (that's glibc 2.2.1, but 2.2 exhibits the same behaviour)
|>
|> This looks all the more strange that you can define the page size during kernel
|> compile! A sample test program which I made using the getpagesize() syscall
|> yields the correct value, though...

If the getpagesize syscall works, then your kernel is too old.

|> What should I do?

You need to run kernel 2.4.0-test9 with the 001030 patch or later.
Earlier versions didn't pass AT_PAGESZ in all cases.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."