Re: [Linux-ia64] CONFIG_IA64_PAGE_SIZE

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2001-01-19 08:53:27
Actually, the situation isn't quite this bad.  Turns out the kernel
stack and kernel register stack are both contained in the static
sized task structure.  The task structure has a minimum size of
32K so the per process memory for these structures is the same
for all page sizes from 4K to 32K.

What will change is the amount of unused space in the last page
of the user's data section, shared library data section, stack
section and register stack section.  Using the standard assumption
that half of the last page is wasted and also assuming that each
process only uses 1 shared library then going from 4K to 64K
increases this wasted space by 30K so your calculation becomes
30K * 4 * 1K = 120M.