Re: [Linux-ia64] Errors when compiling kernel (2.4.0test10)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-01-17 12:39:39
All the "errors" you're describing are compiler warnings.  While it
would be nicer to have the kernel build without warnings.  The way we
use the toolchain in the kernel, we err on the side of issuing too
many rather than too few warnings.  Indeed, all the warnings you
mention are spurious in that sense and you don't have to worry about
them.

If the kernel doesn't build for you, there must be something else
that's wrong (beyond the warnings you mentioned).

	--david