Re: [Linux-ia64] /proc/pid/mem and stack variables

From: Maciej Golebiewski <maciej_at_ccrl-nece.technopark.gmd.de>
Date: 2001-01-15 21:17:31
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:29:33PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
> Yes, implementing llseek for fs/proc/base.c:proc_mem_operations is the
> right solution.  /dev/kmem already has its own llseek (which treats
> the offset as unsigned) but, for some reason, was left out of the
> /proc/pid/mem support.
>
> Don, can you add this to the TODO list so we won't forget about it?

Thanks a lot for help. It seems that the solution is simpler than I
was expecting. Anyway, I don't have a root access to the IA64 machine
in question, so I can't test it myself, but one of the guys with root
access told me he'll try to find some time and try it out.

Once again thank a lot.

Maciej

--
Maciej Gołębiewski