Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: alignment issues on netif_rx (fwd)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-01-06 07:29:13
Yes, that's a known problem.  Unalignment fault handling is REALLY
slow on IA-64 so it's not something you want to do in general.
However, the kernel certainly shouldn't crash due to an unaligned
network header either, so we need to enable unaligned handling in the
kernel (along with printing a nasty message ;-).

	--david