RE: [Linux-ia64] fdisk for efi disks?

From: <Matt_Domsch_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2001-01-06 06:22:12
> I'm a new kid on the block and I was interested if anyone was already
> working on an fdisk replacement/enhancement to be used on efi disks?

I started work to add GPT support to GNU parted, but made it for 1.2.x, not
the current 1.4.x, and haven't had the time to do the forward-port.  If
you've got the time, I'm happy to send you my original patch.

> I wonder if enhancing fdisk such that it also handles efi
> disks would be
> better than building a new tool (efdisk)?

Modifying fdisk would be useful too, IMHO.

Thanks,
Matt Domsch
Dell Enterprise Systems Group
Linux Development Team