Re: [Linux-ia64] applying patch

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2001-01-06 06:09:46
Hi Hiren,

The patches go on top of the corresponding tree from Linus.  For
example, linux-2.4.0-test12-ia64-001214.diff.bz2 goes on top of
Linus's linux-2.4.0-test12 tree.

On a related note: for those using the test12 tree, be sure to make
the following change after applying the IA-64 patch.  Without this
change, bad crashes can occur on systems with <2GB of RAM (it can
happen on systems with >=2GB of RAM too, but it's much less likely to
occur):

	Change line 330 in arch/ia64/lib/swiotlb.c from:

		set_bit(PG_arch_1, &virt_to_page(pg_addr));
		struct page *page = virt_to_page(pg_addr);
		set_bit(PG_arch_1, &page->flags);

Hope this helps,

	--david