[Linux-ia64] -ma-step and -mconstant-gp options for gcc?

From: Francis Galiegue <fg_at_mandrakesoft.com>
Date: 2000-11-24 04:45:29
I wonder what the two options in $subject do...

For -ma-step, I can guess this assumes that the code will run on an A stepping
CPU, but in this case, will it run on a B? If I want to compile a kernel for a
B stepping processor, I guess I have to remove this option?

The second I really don't know...

--
Francis Galiegue, fg@mandrakesoft.com
"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and more