RE: [Linux-ia64] FAT32 file system not mounting on IA-64

From: <Matt_Domsch_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2000-11-18 13:06:20
Chris, thanks for investigating further.  Glad to hear you can reproduce the
problem there.

w/o the -F 32, it makes a FAT16 file system, which supports long file names
and the vfat type, just as Windows NT FAT16 file systems support long file
names.   If you mount with:  mount -ofat=16  or with -ofat=32, you'll see it
force the choice, and then you can see if the kernel thinks it's a FAT16 or
FAT32.

Thanks,
Matt