Re: [Linux-ia64] toolchain status

From: Francis Galiegue <fg_at_mandrakesoft.com>
Date: 2000-11-18 01:55:30
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> > > There is no DT_INIT_ARRAY in libc.so. Even if there is DT_INIT_ARRAY,
> > > I still don't know how to use it to tell where DT_INIT points to.
> >
> > Easy enough -- you know from DT_PLTGOT what the GP is for the DSO.
> > If *(long *)(DT_INIT + 8) == GP, then you can assume that DT_INIT
> > is a descriptor instead of an offset.
> >

> Thanks. This patch seems to work for me.

I don't know which version this patch is supposed to apply to, but it doesn't
apply as is on the stock FSF tree. "Corrected" patch for this tree is attached,
in case it is of interest for someone.

Now if only I understood what you were talking about :)

--
Francis Galiegue, fg@mandrakesoft.com
"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and more