[Linux-ia64] Non-legacy serial port console support using SPCR table in ACPI 2.0

From: Khalid Aziz <khalid_at_fc.hp.com>
Date: 2000-11-17 06:12:39
I am bringing Linux up on a McKinley platform simulator. For the
bringup, I am looking into adding support for non-legacy serial port
console. ACPI 2.0 includes a Serial Port Console Redirection Table which
defines the serial port console (SPCR table definition can be found at
<http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/headless/download/SerialPortRedir.zip>).
I am looking into adding support for the serial port defined by this
table. I would also like to add support for the Debug Port as defined by
the Debug Port Table (DBGP table definition can be found at
<http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/newPC/debugspec.htm>.

Is anyone else looking into doing this? If so, please let me know so we
can collaborate and not have duplication of effort.

--
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                             Linux Development Laboratory
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid@fc.hp.com                                    Fort Collins, CO