Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2000-11-14 10:31:17
The actual problem here is that the EEpro driver gets confused
if it comes up on a `busy' network.  The reliable way to get
around this problem is to unplug the machine from the network
and then do:

	ifconfig eth0 down
	ifconfig eth0 up

Then re-attach the network and you should be OK.  This is
cumbersome but it should be effective.

Since this problem has been seen on IA32 we don't believe that
it's an IA64 problem and I don't know of anyone in the IA64
world working on it.