Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Gerrit Huizenga <gerrit_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2000-11-14 09:25:36
I've built Jim's 1024 toolchain release this way.

I have not yet played with the test10 kernel - I'm still on test9 because
of the number of patches I'm using, not all of which are yet at test10
(actually, the last one or two was just announced, so I can probably move
up a notch soon).

You might want to look into just why it won't boot.  There are several
workarounds (e.g. qlc > 4GB memory addressing turned on in BIOS, EFI
workarounds, kernel config parameters such as VHPT and related workarounds
enabled/disabled, etc.).  Your problem may not be just the toolchain.

gerrit