Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-11-14 08:19:22
I am not a kernel expert.  I do not build my own kernels.  I can not tell you
which compiler versions are best for compiling which kernel versions.

However, in general, I recommend the most recent toolchain snapshot available
at  ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/ia64-linux.  These toolchains assume glibc 2.2.
Unfortunately, sigh, there aren't any glibc 2.2 based OS releases yet, but
this shouldn't matter if you are just building kernels.

Jim