RE: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test1 0 and upper?

From: Broadfoot, KenX <kenx.broadfoot_at_intel.com>
Date: 2000-11-14 07:38:40
Redhat 7.0 shipped with two compilers.
The new one is gcc 2.95 and it is terrible for compiling kernels. ( ia32 )

The old one is called "kgcc" and works well. ( it is egcs 2.91 ) ( again
ia32 )

I have had no trouble with gcc version 2.9-ia64 that was packaged with the
Redhat 7.0 ia64 beta.
Not sure if it is a cross-compiler though.

--ken