Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test1 0 and upper?

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-11-14 07:34:53
>Does this compiler support cross-compilation?

Yes.  It has probably been a few months since I last built a cross-compiler
myself, but other people have been building them successfully.  There was a
comment from H.J. claiming that the Red Hat 7.0 ia32 OS release can't build a
cross-compiler because of bugs in the compiler shipped with that release.
Otherwise, I don't know of any specific problems.

Jim